SAT and ACT Test Preparation
Free Online Practice Resources for ACT Tests and SAT Tests! I4C now offers free SAT and ACT vocabulary and math quizzes. Become a free member and log in as much as you'd like. Students can take practice tests on 5000 vocabulary words. or over 1000 math problems. Parents and Mentors can log in to monitor your scores - including seeing which vocabulary words they missed. Interactive quizzes allow the test taker to retake and study as much as they want.
March Blog:Showing Love All Year Long
March 2013 Picks
Teacher Resources | Parent Resources | Technology Tips |
March brings St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Passover, Music, Poetry, and Spring. Visit our monthly newsletter to see all the details. Below are just a few highlights.
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS MONTH?
Here are just a couple of the March events that you can celebrate this month.
- Music In Our Schools Month - Music worksheets, music theory, sing-a-longs, instruments, music education - we have it all. Visit our music resources page to take part in Music In Our Schools Month. We also have Pre-K and Kindergarten Music and Dance resources, with nursery rhymes and basic instrument music lessons.
- Dr. Seuss' Birthday (3-2-1904) - Fun fact: Green Eggs and Ham was written with a mere 50 words. Dr. Seuss is a staple in children's literature. Celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday with lesson plans and activities all correlating with his books. Click number 3 for a shared reading unit using Dr. Seuss in 2nd grade language arts. Our Kindergarten standards offer language arts and literature tools for all topics.
- Daylight Savings (3-10) - How can you set your clocks forward, if you can't tell time? I4C has telling time resources beginning with 1st gradeas well as 3rd grade elapsed time online games.
- St. Patrick's Day (3-17) - It wouldn't be St. Patrick's Day without a leprechaun game, a four-leaf clover, or a green-themed worksheet. Enjoy all of our St. Patrick's day activities for kids.
- Children's Poetry Day (3-21) -Poetry in Elementary Language Arts is a good place to start when looking for poetry day resources. Fifth grade Literary Genres covers poetry writing, poetic devices, and definitions in poetry genres. We also have Middle and High School poetry lesson plans. Sixth Grade sound devices offer lessons and quizzes on poetry, rhymes, literary terms, figurative language, and word play like onomatopoeia.
- Passover Begins (3-25) -Celebrate Passover while learning about this holiday's traditions. Explore these Passover activities and games.
- Easter (3-31) - Hippity hop into Easter and its religious history, with crafts, games, recipes, and songs.
- If you're looking for interactive online games that cover grammar, cause and effect, punctuation, and other Language Arts activities, check out this page.
- I4C also offers math tools and online math interactives that give student practice with computation, estimation, measurement, story problems, and money.
- Don't forget about demicals, too. Upper school mathematical processes can always use reinforcement. Find more number and operations resources here.
- Even as an early childhood teacher, mouse skills are becoming really important. Take advantage of our mouse skills resources that offer practice and computer activities.
- Spring brings unpredictable weather. Explore these Elementary Science tools.
- Do you need help pushing students to be more descriptive writers? Visit our Elementary Writing page.
- Parents, make your own flashcards to offer study help at home. We also have a life skills page, that provides links to social, family, home, and every day life tools.
- Keep encouraging reading at home by having your kids make their own bookmarks . The more involved they get, the more eager they will be to read.
- If you're in need of resources for Autism, ADHD, the Visually Impaired, and others, I4C has exceptional children tools you can browse during your free time.
- The key to success very early on is to really practice sight words and letters. Make sure to check out these Dolch Sight Word resources and word lists.
- Practice phonics, rhyming, syllables, and opposites with these Language Arts online skill builder interactives.
- Provide bibliographic help during those book reports with these citation resources.
- Get Organized: Famjama.com offers a wonderful, FREE, online calendar for all of your scheduling needs. You can add family members, share your appointments, make grocery and errand lists, and much more. It's a great site if you need help keeping track of life. More organizational tools
- Cool Search Engines: Here's a new search engine that offers extensive information. Wordnik not only defines words, it offers sentence use, internet searches, twitter searches, synonyms, antonyms, etc. all on one comprehensive page. More search engines at I4C.
- Just Breathe: I know we've done this before but it bares repeating. Do Nothing for 2 Minutes. You won't believe how much it can change your whole day.
We also have other basic instruction in Microsoft Office, including Word 2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007.
OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST
- Resources for Educators - In this section you can find classroom resources for Exceptional Children, Smartboards, Character Education, Web 2.0 Resources and other topics.
- Resources for Parents - Parents can find resources
on assisting their children with homework, time management, Internet Safety, subject area resources, grade level resources and more.