Links verified 10/30/2012
- Air masses and Fronts - a Quia self-check
- Climate Kids: NASA's Eyes on the Earth - Get our planet's health report, find out about the greenhouse effect and learn how you can help our planet.
- Clouds - Dan's Wild Weather site
- Clouds - graphics, illustrations, and information are provided royalty-free for non-profit educational use by Carl Wozniak
- All Things Cloud - KidsKonnect links to clouds, precipitation, cloud formations, and all things weather.
- Cloud Pictures - click on the links to see pictures of various types of clouds.
- Cloud Speak - Learn about clouds
- Cloud Types - definitions and pictures of cloud types
- Dan's Wild Weather Page - from News Channel 19's, Chief Meteorologist Dan Satterfield
- The Disaster Area - from FEMA for Kids
- Elements of Weather and Climate - multi-page lesson found at the BBC
- Forecasting for Kids from NOAA
- Hydrologic Cycle - Watch this video on Scholastic explaining the water cycle, play games, and get information.
- Interactive Weather Maker from Scholastic
- Ocean City Temperatures Compared to Valley City Temperatures - answer questions about your observations
- Playtime for Kids from the National Weather Service
- Storms - from NOAA
- The Weather Game - see how much you know about weather
- Weather News - links for kids from the National Weather Service
- Weather Quiz from Quia [grade 3]
- Weather Quizzes - Nick the Weather Dude answers weather questions and provides a list of weather quizzes with answers [Caution: Nick doesn't always say no gently]
- Weather and Adaptations from Quia [grade 3]
- The Weather Dude's Weather Resources for Kids - Nick's favorite resource materials for kids to learn more about weather and other sciences
- Weather and Clouds Millionaire Game - a Quia quiz
- Weather Instruments and Clouds Matching Game - a Quia quiz
- Weather Wiz Kids - a web site especially for kids to allow them to learn more about the fascinating world of weather
- Web Weather for Kids - learn what makes weather wet and wild, do cool activities, and become hot at forecasting the weather
- WeatherEd - learn the elements of weather and weather issues.
- Wind - [Caution: Does not work in Internet Explorer] This real-time map shows wind flowing over the United States. Rest your cursor over any spot to see the wind speed and the GPS location of the site. This beautiful map looks artistic!
- More weather links can be found on the Earth Science page of Internet4Classrooms.
- Earth Science Standards Resources - K | 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | TN has no 8th grade earth science standards
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print