Elementary Writing Resources
Click on the links below to explore the different facets of writing.
- Essays - Find narrative, expository, and persuasive essay resources.
- Friendly Letters - Learn the basic format of friendly letters. Find practice resources on teaching students how to write a letter.
- General Resources - A mixed bag of resources for developing writing skills.
- Lesson Plans - Lesson plans on how you can teach writing in the classroom.
- Poetry - Resources for writing poetry.
- Prewriting - Methods and strategies for prewriting. Practice steps for starting an essay.
- Story Writing - Learn how to map out a story with oline tools and steps. Identify main characters and utilize Digital Story tools. You can create pop-up books and slides.
- Transistions - Lists of transitional words and phrases, and how to use them.
- Writing Prompts - Find an extensive list of writing prompts sites for K-12. Find pictures and prompts your students can use to begin writing stories and essays.