Participate in shared reading and small group guided reading. 0201.8.7
Links verified on 2/8/12
- The Big Green Monster Teaches Phonics in Reading and Writing - shared reading, students engage in a paired reading of the online version to build fluency and word recognition skills, students draw their own big green monsters and write stories about the monsters to publish online.
- Country Mouse and City Mouse - Read-along story, big print so students can read along.
- Dr. Seuss Unit - Shared reading unit; three day lesson plan
- The Enormous Carrot - Story on-line with audio; big print so students can read along.
- How to do Shared Reading - Step by step directions on using Shared Reading in the classroom.
- The Mouse and the Lion - Read-along story, big print so students can read along.
- Poetry Portfolios: Using Poetry to Teach Reading and Writing - Students learn to read and write when they have an active interest in what they are reading and writing about. This lesson supports students' exploration of language and writing skills as they read and dissect poetry
- Read/Write/Sing Lesson Ideas - lesson ideas
- Read/Write/Sing Shared Reading Book List
- Reading Fluency Lesson Design - lesson plan, This lesson will help students develop reading fluency through repeated readings and one-minute reads
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff - Drama project - Play format, can create puppets from handout.
- Using the "Shared Reading" Format - Key ingredients for a successful "shared reading" experience