Internet4Classrooms now offers printables! Look for a rapidly growing variety of thousands of practice worksheets tied to the Common Core State Standards, School Subjects, Activities, and Holidays.
Check out our NEW Common Core Printables for 1st to 5th grade! More grades and subjects coming soon!
Our NEW Common Core Math High School Algebra Standards are full of resources for every individual standard. Students can take control of their own learning by clicking on the page with the standard number, and choosing their own resource to practice that skill.
Check out our new Common Core Math High School Algebra Standards and also our updated Common Core Math Standards and Common Core ELA Standards.
SAT and ACT Test Preparation
Free Online Practice Resources for ACT Tests and SAT Tests! I4C now offers free SAT and ACT vocabulary and math quizzes. Become a free member and log in as much as you'd like. Students can take practice tests on 5000 vocabulary words or over 1000 math problems. Parents and Mentors can log in to monitor your scores - including seeing which vocabulary words they missed. Interactive quizzes allow the test taker to retake and study as much as they want.
November Blog: Fun Online Activities for You and Your Students Guest Blogger Allie Cooper discusses how you can use technology in your lesson plans.
November 2013 Picks
Teacher Resources | Parent Resources | Technology Tips |
November brings us Thanksgiving, Veterans Day, Hanukkah, and much more. Visit our monthly newsletter to see all the details. Below are just a few highlights.
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS MONTH?
Here are some of the November events that you can celebrate this month:
- National Aviation Month - Celebrate aviation this month in your classroom! Learn about the history of aviation, famous firsts in aviation, and visit the Aviation History Online Museum. Check out lesson plans and resource guides from the National Museum of the US Air Force and some fun airplane crafts!
- Child Safety and Protection Month - It's always important to keep the safety of children in mind! Take a quiz about childhood safety and learn about food safety with lesson plans, activites, and other resources. Safe Kids Worldwide has a variety of tips for different risks for various ages. I4C also has resources and activities on our safety page for Kindergartners, fire safety page, internet safety page, and personal safety page.
- Good Nutrition Month - Eating healthy nutritious meals is such an important part of living a healthy lifestyle. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has educational resources and interactive games and quizzes to help kids learn about nutrition! Also check out I4C's Nutrition Page for more resources to help children learn about healthy diets.
- Native American Heritage Month - Celebrate the significant contributions Native Americans have made to the United States this month! Find lesson plans, classroom activities, and other teacher resources from the Smithsonian Institute, the Library of Congress, and the National Education Association.
- National Authors Day (11/1) - Celebrate and learn about children's authors. Your students can be authors today too! Learn about author's purpose with worksheets and interactive websites. Find story writing resources and check out our elementary writing resources. We also have a collection of websites where your student can get their work published!
- Daylight Savings Time ends (11/3) - Did you remember to set your clocks back an hour today? Learn about why we set our clocks back and other interesting facts about Daylight Savings Time.
- Veterans Day (11/11) - Honor our veterans today! Learn about Veterans Day, find Veterans Day themed activities and projects, and send a thank you letter to our troops on I4C's Veterans Day page.
- Young Readers Day (11/12) - Promote the importance of reading! I4C has a collection of stories for elementary students, library resources, information on physical and virtual libraries, grade level help with reading and literature, and reading assessment practice.
- Gettysburg Address (11/19) - This year is the 150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address. Read President Lincoln's speech, test your knowledge on the Gettysburg Address, learn more about the Battle of Gettysburg, and find Civil War activities, printables, and interactive maps here.
- Thanksgiving (11/28) - What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Find fun crafts, the history of the holiday, and Thanksgiving themed activities on I4C's Thanksgiving page.
- Hanukkah (11/28-12/5) - Happy Hanukkah! Check out I4C's Hanukkah page to learn about the holiday and to find games, activities, recipes, and songs to celebrate Hanukkah!
- I4C now has printables! Check out our Printable Worksheets for 1st to 5th grade math! More coming soon!
- High School Math Teachers, be sure to check out our NEW Common Core Algebra Standards Page!
- November is Child Safety and Protection Month! Teach your students about food safety, fire safety, and internet safety. Safe Kids Worldwide has a variety of tips for different risks for various ages. I4C also has resources for personal safety and safety for Kindergartners.
- This Veterans Day, have your students write letters to troops! Find more information on our Veterans Day resource page.
- Gobble Gobble! Find Thanksgiving resources to use in your classroom on I4C's Thanksgiving page!
- Help your students with their critical thinking skills! Read about critical thinking in education and find out about the issues surrounding it. Teach critical thinking to English language learners with these helpful activities. Math teachers, help your students' critical thinking skills by analyzing charts and graphs. Practice reading charts and use worksheets to analyze bar graphs. Get parents to help too! Share these tips with parents to enhance your students' critical thinking skills.
- SAT and ACT season is underway! Make sure your students are prepared for the college entrance exams with I4C's free SAT and ACT Test preparation!
- Visit Teacher tools for all of your classroom needs.
- Go to our grade level help for lesson plans, activities, instructionals, and tools organized by grade and subject.
- November is Child Safety and Protection Month! Teach your kids about food safety, fire safety, and internet safety. Safe Kids Worldwide has a variety of tips for different risks for various ages. I4C also has resources for personal safety and safety for Kindergartners.
- Eating healthy and nutritious meals is an important part of living a healthy lifestyle. Emphasize the importance of a healthy diet to your children! The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has educational resources and interactive games and quizzes to help kids learn about nutrition! Also check out I4C's Nutrition Page for more resources to help children learn about healthy diets.
- Check out our Thanksgiving page for crafts, activities, and other great Thanksgiving resources!
- Enhance your child's critical thinking skills! The Duke TIP program has tips for parents wanting to develop the critical thinking skills of their child.
- You can always visit our Parent Resources page to get grade level practice sites, find online sources, and information pertaining to homework, special needs, reading help, and more.
- Don't forget our Technology Tutorial section in case you need refresher courses in your computer skills.
- How to Quickly Add Accents - Have you needed a quick way to add accents when typing in a foreign language? Ask A Tech Teacher has a handy table of shortcuts for all accents, including upper and lowercase! Find more keyboard shortcuts here.
- Zoom In and Out on Webpages - Text too small on a website? Zoom in by pressing "CTRL" and "+" and zoom out with "CTRL" and "-".More internet tips here.
- Quickly Type Website Addresses - You can use keyboard shortcuts to auto-complete a web address in your browser! After typing in the domain name, press CTRL+ENTER for ".com", SHIFT+ENTER for ".net", and CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER for ".org". Add ALT in any combination, it will not only auto-comple the web address but open the website in a new tab! More keyboard shortcuts here.
We also have other basic instruction in Microsoft Office, including Word 2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007.
OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST
- Resources for Educators - In this section you can find classroom resources for Exceptional Children, Smartboards, Character Education, Web 2.0 Resources and other topics.
- Resources for Parents - Parents can find resources
on assisting their children with homework, time management, Internet Safety, subject area resources, grade level resources and more.