Links verified on 5/25/2016
- Pyramid Lesson Plan - Kids can cut out their own food choices to make their own pyramid.
- Calorie Calculator - enter a food item and get information on calories
- Choose My Plate - information about the new food pyramid and more
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans from the USDA
- Eating Disorders - index to information about a variety of eating disorders
- FDA - labeling and nutrition information, they also have information regarding fresh foods [fruits, vegetables, and fish]
- Food Fit - a really nice food pyramid, and a good explanation of each group.
- Food Allergy - science behind the most common food allergies and intolerances
- Food Safety for the Entire Family - The majority of food borne illnesses can be prevented by taking simple precautions in the kitchen and when grocery shopping.
- Fruit and Veggie Tracker - Keep your healthy routine on track with this chart.
- Healthy Eating - (Elementary grades) interactive whiteboard screens with basic nutritional information
- The Healthy Refrigerator - Open the door to a healthy heart.
- KidsHealth.org - the food guide pyramid becomes a plate
- Learn to be Healthy - for teens; you have to register, but it is free, journal food choices, activities to select to help make healthy choices.
- Nutrition Games for Kids - Fuel Up to Play 60 - the new home of all your favorite games and lessons from Nutrition Explorations.
- Nutrition News from Dole - nutrition articles
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print