Links verified on 5/21/2017
- 8 Tips for Protecting Children and Teens Online - a security guide for parents, caregivers and educators
- Child Internet Safety - a variety of tips and suggestions
- Cyberbullying - the new online crime
- Dealing with Cyberbullying - tips for kids and parents to prevent and stop cyberbullying
- Digital Safety: Staying Safe Online - a blog post that gives an overview of several dangers on the Internet and how to deal with them, such as child online safety, social media safety, and other topics
- The Essential Teen Internet Safety Guide - tips, techniques and advice about how to protect teens from a whole host of dangers, including fraud and identity theft
- GetNetWise - Four Areas of Assistance; Online Safety Guide, Tools for Families, Web Sites for Kids, and Reporting Trouble
- Internet Safety - From Kids Health for Parents
- Seguridad en la Internet - En espanol
- Internet Safety - From the New York Missing and Exploited Children Clearinghouse [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Internet Safety Tips for Kids - Guide for Parents - Read about the most important things for parents, teachers, counselors, and authority figures to do to keep children safe online.
- iSafe - A congressionally funded foundation whose mission is to educate and empower youth to make their Internet experiences safe and responsible.
- Jo Cool or Jo Fool (Grades 6-8) - This interactive online module takes students through a CyberTour of twelve mock web sites to test their savvy surfing skills
- Kid Safety on the Internet - Presented in a "slide-show" fashion, containing questions and answers to help kids protect themselves and handle emergencies (Parents may wish to help guide younger kids through the pages and discuss how these ideas apply to them around the home and at school.) [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Kids' Rules for Online Safety - (from SafeKids.com) This would be good to print and post near your child's computer.
- KidsCom - The Idea Seekers want you to Play Smart, Stay Safe and Have Fun while you're on the Internet. (Internet safety games included)
- NetSmartz - Several Videos about Cyber Bullying and other internet safety issues
- Online Safety - Advice for Parents on how to keep their child safe on the Internet - from Disney
- Parent's Guide to Internet Safety - from the FBI [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Parents Guide to Internet Safety - keeping your child safe online
- Parents Guide to Protecting Kids Online - 20 ways to protect kids online
- Privacy Playground - designed for ages 8-10, the CyberPigs play on their favorite Web site and encounter marketing ploys, spam and a close encounter with a not-too-friendly wolf.
- Protecting Children's Privacy: A Guide for Parents, Careers and Educators - steps to take to protect children online
- SafeKids.Com where you'll find tips, advice and suggestions to make your family's online experience fun and productive!
- Safe Online Surfing - FBI Cyber Surf Islands; resources for Teachers and for students
- Ten Tips to Keep Kids Safe Online - three groups of risks
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print