Links verified on 5/28/2014
- CyberAngels - Helping You to Parent Your Online Child (a short video is available)
- GetNetWise - Four Areas of Assistance; Online Safety Guide, Tools for Families, Web Sites for Kids, and Reporting Trouble
- Guide for Children and Kids Safety on the Web - a handy guide for online safety for children and teenagers (Thanks Rachel!)
- Internet Safety for Kids - A Complete Guide - This Internet safety guide for kids will help by informing you of what to keep in mind and how to stay safe.
- Internet Safety - From Kids Health for Parents
- Seguridad en la Internet - En espanol
- Internet Safety - From the New York Missing and Exploited Children Clearinghouse
- Internet Safety for Kids - information on the types of cyber crimes, rules to follow on the internet and some links including a really great analogy comparing the internet to a swimming pool
- iSafe - A congressionally funded foundation whose mission is to educate and empower youth to make their Internet experiences safe and responsible.
- Jo Cool or Jo Fool (Grades 6-8) - This interactive online module takes students through a CyberTour of twelve mock web sites to test their savvy surfing skills
- Kid Safety on the Internet - Presented in a "slide-show" fashion, containing questions and answers to help kids protect themselves and handle emergencies (Parents may wish to help guide younger kids through the pages and discuss how these ideas apply to them around the home and at school.)
- Kids' Rules for Online Safety - (from SafeKids.com) This would be good to print and post near your child's computer.
- KidsCom - The Idea Seekers want you to Play Smart, Stay Safe and Have Fun while you're on the Internet. (Internet safety games included)
- NetSmartz - Several Videos about Cyber Bullying and other internet safety issues
- Online Safety - Advice for Parents on how to keep their child safe on the Internet - from Disney
- Parent's Guide to Internet Safety - from the FBI
- Privacy Playground - designed for ages 8-10, the CyberPigs play on their favorite Web site and encounter marketing ploys, spam and a close encounter with a not-too-friendly wolf.
- SafeKids.Com where you'll find tips, advice and suggestions to make your family's online experience fun and productive!
- State of Online Safety - 2008 Report - a 104 page document that covers several countries
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print