SAT and ACT Test Preparation
Free Online Practice Resources for ACT Tests and SAT Tests! I4C now offers free SAT and ACT vocabulary and math quizzes. Become a free member and log in as much as you'd like. Students can take practice tests on 5000 vocabulary words. or over 1000 math problems. Parents and Mentors can log in to monitor your scores - including seeing which vocabulary words they missed. Interactive quizzes allow the test taker to retake and study as much as they want.
January Blog: - In a world of penny pinching and Pinterest, people are finding creative ways to get things done. Make your own sanitizer and fight germs and your wallet at the same time.
January 2013 Picks
Teacher Resources | Parent Resources | Technology Tips |
January brings Thank You Month, Martin Luther King, and Handwriting. Visit our monthly newsletter to see all the details. Below are just a few highlights.
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS MONTH?
Here are just a couple of the January events that you can celebrate this month.
- National Thank You Month- Writing letters and thank you notes are a rarity these days, especially with texting, email, and social networks. In our Language Arts section you'll find writing prompts, friendly letter help, elementary writing resources, writing purpose and audience awareness tools, essays, and story writing too. Don't forget about electronic letters either. Emails can unintentionally offset many different tones. Click on #4 for lessons on email writing. Thank someone on paper this month and express your gratitude.
- First iPhone Was Introduced (1-9-2007)- Can you believe the iPhone is 6 years old? My how far we've come from the original flip phones. Remember our apps page when you're downloading educational apps for your children.
- Ben Franklin Was Born (1-17-1706) - Did you know Ben Franklin sailed and studied ocean currents to figure out the cause of slow mail delivery? Check out number 5 to see how he did it. Practice reading comprehension with this online story and quiz on Benjamin Franklin's life. Find a 6th grade book recommendation about Ben Franklin here.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Day (1-21) - President Reagan signed a law making Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day a national holiday in 1983, 15 years after MLK's assassination. Learn about the importance of Dr. Martin Luther King, and the impact he had on American history in our MLK and Black History sections.
- Handwriting (1-23) - In honor of Thank You month, practice handwriting with our Kindergarten and Elementary writing help, including D'Nealian, story prompts, letter formation, and tracing paper. Improve those upper and lower case letter writing and spelling skills. We have resources for both cursive and manuscript.
- Did you know we archive all of our newsletters? If you remember a resource that peaked your interest, you can alwaysgo back and find it. We also have our focus pages called Monthly Features archived for quick reference guides. Don't get our newsletter regularly or do you need to tell a friend? They can subscribe for free here.
- Start the year off right understanding I4C's main topics. You can find them on the left hand side of our grade level page. Including Early Childhood, Elementary Subjects, High School Subjects, Exceptional Students, and Teaching Tools.
- Addition and Subtraction are key math elements. We have online math games to help students learn math skills in a "fun" format.
- Word problemsand telling timeare often easier to understand if students can visualize the assignment. Play interactive math online and solve the equations for all grade levels.
- Capitalization and punctuationcan seem like constant teaching reminders when students are writing assignments. Browse our language arts online skillsfor helpful websites so kids can continue to practice at home.
- Find preschool activities to do at home, visit our Kindergarten Zone. It is filled with practice websites and educational learning tools.
- In honor of Thank You Month, have your kids write letters to family members and friends. They could also write letters to troops. Thank you notes provide a sense of community while teaching children valuable lessons.
- School testing can stress a child out. I4C assessment help has practice tests and online skill games so students can feel more prepared when test time comes.
- Do you often feel that even YOU can't figure out your child's math homework? Find math games and math resources for both you and the kids. Multiplication, fractions are covered.
- These Printable math worksheets provide an easy way to find continued education at home.
- Tips for your iPhones/Pads: There is always something new to learn on these devices. Go here for tricks and tips.
- Twitter Hashtags: Do you know what a hashtag is on Twitter, or how to utilize them to the fullest? Click for the best educational hashtags.
- Follow Free-App Sales: Phone and iPad App prices are always changing. Follow this website to get free-app deals daily on children's educational games.
We also have other basic instruction in Microsoft Office, including Word 2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007.
OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST
- Resources for Educators - In this section you can find classroom resources for Exceptional Children, Smartboards, Character Education, Web 2.0 Resources and other topics.
- Resources for Parents - Parents can find resources
on assisting their children with homework, time management, Internet Safety, subject area resources, grade level resources and more.