June 2010 Features
Our Picks for June 2010 include a variety of topical areas of interest to teachers, parents and students. To suggest a topic for July 2010, be sure to email us at the address below.
Free Summer Learning ProgramDid you know that......
- All students experience learning losses when they do not engage in educational activities during the summer.
- On average, students lose approximately 2.6 months of grade level equivalency in mathematical computation skills during the summer months.
- Research shows that teachers typically spend between 4 to 6 weeks re-teaching material that students have forgotten over the summer.
Additional Activities for:
- Flag Day: Learn the Pledge of Allegiance, Facts on Flags, and Arts and Crafts Activities.
- Summer Projects: Animal Learning Crafts, Family Birthday Calendar, Craft Recipes, Gardening
- Physical Education - Play by the Rules: Rules of Play for sports and games, from Archery to Ultimate Frisbee (no Z)
Featured Resources at Internet4Classrooms.com:
- Did you know that Internet4Classrooms has online technology tutorials? If you need some instruction in Microsoft Office, including Word 2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007, you've come to the right place. We also have developed extensive resources for Macintosh and Windows troubleshooting and keyboard shortcuts (Mac) (Windows). Browse this section to find resources, such as Creating Graphic Organizers in Excel, Making a Game Template in Powerpoint and much more!