SAT and ACT Test Preparation
Free Online Practice Resources for ACT Tests and SAT Tests! I4C now offers free SAT and ACT vocabulary and math quizzes. Become a free member and log in as much as you'd like. Students can take practice tests on 5000 vocabulary words. or over 1000 math problems. Parents and Mentors can log in to monitor your scores - including seeing which vocabulary words they missed. Interactive quizzes allow the test taker to retake and study as much as they want.
September Blog: Internet Restrictions at Work. This month's blog is talking about internet restrictions in our classrooms and computer labs.
September 2011 Picks
Teacher Resources | Parent Resources | Technology Tips |
School is in session and so is I4C. We are busy making sure you can find all the tools you need to make the year successful. We encourage you to take some time to click through our site. You never know what wonderful resources you can find to enrich your classroom experience. Happy September! Visit our monthly newsletter to see all the details. Below are just a few highlights.
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS MONTH?
Here are just a couple of the September events that you can celebrate this month.
- Make A Hat Day - Sept. 15th - Ditch the old construction paper way, and make a silly hat out of tissue paper! Integrate Kindergarten math skills with this online game putting hats in order (number 10). Practice 1st Grade Social Studies Economics with this interactive game matching the hat with the career (number 6). Find 5th Grade Language Arts games for following instructions with number 5's how to make paper hats.
- Ice Cream Cone Was Invented - Sept. 22, 1903 - Did you know street vendors used to sell ice cream in glass containers before the cone was invented? Use ice cream to practice 4th grade online multiplication games in number 6. Number 3 - Let's Make Ice Cream - gives 3rd-6th graders an online geometry and fractions game using liquid measurements.
- First Day of Fall - Sept 23rd - Autumn is on it's way! Find Fall crafts, Fall recipes, and Fall lesson plans.
- This month we're highlighting High School Standards Resources.High School Math Standards:
High School English Standards:
- Do you need free clip art for a project or lesson plan? How about free online photos and images for school topics like earth science or animals? Find graphics and multimedia resources ranging from art, video clips to sound clips.
- Stay informed with education news. We have links to different newsletters and media sites that contain news on Education and Technology in the classroom. Of course don't forget to follow Internet4Classrooms on Twitter for the latest trends (Internet4classr).
- Our Daily Dose - Brain Teasers page has an endless selection of games, puzzles, daily brain teaser quizzes, and interactive activities to keep you challenged and thinking every single day.
- Visit Teacher tools for all of your classroom needs.
- Go to our grade level help for lesson plans, activities, instructionals, and tools organized by grade and subject.
- Don't forget about Internet Safety now that students will be doing more online school work.
- Kids can work on challenging areas at home with our school subject help. Parents can print out subject worksheets and math worksheets for extra practice. Make studying more enjoyable with these online educational games.
- Find reading help so you can encourage your children to read, identify potential reading disabilities, and open a dialogue about the joys of reading. Our online stories page offers a wide variety of genres to get them interested.
- Parent Zone - A comprehensive list of everything school related, including homework help, reading help, all subject areas, and educational games.
- Find and Replace - Don't forget about this quick way to fix your document. CTRL+F will get you the Find/Replace domain box. Type in the error you are looking for, and the correction you need. You can select "replace all" and it will fix everything with one click! Go here for a list of Microsoft help tools.
- Excel Workbooks - Find games like Jeopardy, puzzles, and stories with different endings in these Excel Workbooks.
- Review 2 Documents At Once - You can compare multiple documents in Microsoft Word. Go to the Review section, click on Compare. Using the Compare Documents Box, select the files you want. You have the ability to highlight the comparison settings and to which documents you want the changes shown. You customize all of it. Click for more online Word tutorials.
We also have other basic instruction in Microsoft Office, including Word 2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007.
OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST
- Resources for Educators - In this section you can find classroom resources for Exceptional Children, Smartboards, Character Education, Web 2.0 Resources and other topics.
- Resources for Parents - Parents can find resources
on assisting their children with homework, time management, Internet Safety, subject area resources, grade level resources and more.