February 2010 Featured Picks
Our Picks for February 2010 include a variety of topical areas of interest to teachers, parents and students. To suggest a topic for Spring 2010, be sure to email us at the address below. We are dedicated to finding you the best of the web to fit your individual needs.
Holidays & Observances:
- Black History Month: February -Discover a variety of resources, activities and lessons for every all grade levels. These resources are perfect for use in the classroom or in the home.
- All About Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Celebrated this year on January 17, 2010, Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a time for all of us to reflect on his life, its meaning and his teachings. We have quizzes, craft activities, "I Have a Dream" speech, and lesson plans.
- Valentines' Day - Find creative project ideas for all ages to use in the classroom or the home!
- Chinese New Year - 2010 is The Year of the Tiger. Learn the history of this holiday and how to celebrate with customs, food, and decorations.
- Science Fair - Parents, do those two words strike fear in your heart? Need help choosing a project? We are here to help. Browse our many resources for all grade levels for parents, students and teachers. We've pulled the best science fair resources into one place so you don't need to go searching on your own.
- Teachers, every student comes to school with different learning needs. What are your students' learning styles? Here are resources on discovering theLearning Styles of your students and the Instructional Theory behind Differentiated Instruction. We also have specialized Lesson Plans,Tips for Classroom Planning, and many Activities to help you incorporate Differentiated Instruction in your classroom.
- Did you know that Internet4Classrooms has online technology tutorials? If you need some instruction in Microsoft Office, including Word 2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007, you've come to the right place. We also have developed extensive resources for Macintosh and Windows troubleshooting and keyboard shortcuts (Mac) (Windows). Browse this section to find resources, such as Creating Graphic Organizers in Excel, Making a Game Template in Powerpoint and much more!
- Testing Resources, by Grade Level - Now is the time when we are all preparing our students for testing. Many teachers over the years have requested that we organize our Assessment Assistance section by Grade Level. Be sure to check out our Released Tests to Print, which is organized by Grade and our Interactive Practice, which is also organized by Grade. We now have all of these resources for you in this new format that we feel will help you find what you need quickly for each Grade 1-12 Subject Area, as you prepare your students for upcoming testing. It is never too early to start planning! If you find that students need extra help in any area, be sure to view our Skillbuilders and Standards Practice Areas, which are also organized by grade level for additional practice.
- Early Childhood and Pre-Kindergarten Resources - We've developed a robust section of PreK and Early Childhood resources for teachers and parents that include links to sites that teach mouse and keyboard skills, alphabet & pre-reading, sight words, math activities, art and crafts, teacher resources, lesson plans, and printables.
- Grades 7-12 Resource Starter Page - While many use our site for elementary resources, we also have a wealth of information for Secondary/High School teachers and students. From ACT/SAT preparation help, Released High School Subject Area Assessment Tests to Lesson Plans and classroom resources for all subject areas, this section is a great starting point or bookmark for the upper grade levels as a quick reference for resources.