It's Time for the Science Fair!
Science Fair Projects
Links verified 3/16/2017
- Agricultural Ideas for Science Fair Projects - Agriculture doesn't have its own category in science fairs, but it is a part of many of the "official" categories.
- Building a simple spectroscope - step by step instructions using common materials
- California State Science Fair: Having trouble getting started with your project? Here's a collection of web sites which address just your problem
- Earthquake Hazards Program - from the USGS
- Elmer's Science Fair Resources - Choosing your project | Planning your project [These expired links are available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the pages don't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Energy Fair: Experimental Design -
- EnergyQuest - a number of science projects and energy activities for students
- Experimental Science Projects - from Science Buddies
- How to do your science fair project - a 28 page .pdf document with some really good ideas [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Intel International Science and Engineering Fair
- Internet Science and Technology Fair
- IPL - science fair project resource guide from the Internet Public Library
- Mapping Vampire Energy - the hidden costs of unused electricity in your home
- Math Ideas for Science Fair Projects
- Math Projects for Science Fairs - from the Canadian Mathematical Society [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Prepare For The Science Fair - [14:59] An animated introduction to the middle school science fair. Creation and production by Kevin Temmer, an International Baccalaureate graduate from Land O' Lakes High School in Florida.
- Professor Ron Robertson of Austin Peay State University has compiled materials on suggested topics for fair projects, sources of information and ideas
- Project Idea Index - from Science Buddies
- Project Ideas - links to over a thousand project ideas!
- Science Buddies - a non-profit organization focused on developing science enrichment tools for students in grades K-12. Be sure to take a look at their topic selection wizard.
- Science Experiments - grades 6-8; many experiments to explore!
- Science Fair Adventure - project ideas
- Science Fair Center - Start hypothesizing.
- Science Fair Central from DiscoverySchool.com - creative investigations into the real world
- Science Fair Experiments - experiments indexed by grade level, courtesy of the National Energy Education Development Project
- Science Fair Handbook
- Science Fair Ideas - ideas only, find something that interests you and have fun with it
- Science Fair Primer
- Science Fair Projects Ideas - for science fairs in high school and middle school
- Science Fair Project Ideas - organized by grade or subject
- Science Fair Project Resources - links to other sites with science fair ideas
- Science Fair Projects - organized by difficulty of the project
- Science Fair Projects - organized by topic, each topic has links to many project ideas
- Science Fair Projects - This National Energy Education Development project has suggestions for primary, intermediate and secondary science fair projects
- Science Fair Projects - from Science Kids
- Science Fair Idea Exchange archive!
- Biology ideas
- Chemistry ideas
- Physics ideas
- Psychology ideas
- Science Fair Projects and Experiments - Topics, Ideas, Resources and Sample Projects.
- Science Projects for Kids - from Crystal Clear Science Fair Projects [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Selah Science Projects - links to 6th and 7th grade projects from 2006 [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Solar Cookers
- The "Minimum" Solar Box Cooker - A great solar oven you can build quickly from two cardboard boxes
- Cook hot dogs with the Sun in minutes - how to make a powerful solar concentrator that can cook four or five hot dogs in minutes.
- Make a solar powered marshmallow roaster
- Successful Science Fair Projects - from Neuroscience for Kids
- Super Science Fair Projects
- Try Science
- You and Your Science Fair Project - For Teachers, Students, and Parents
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.