Links verified 4/2/2019
- Daily Assessment with Tiered Exit Cards - [4:35] video report on using this strategy in 6-12 math
- Differentiated Instruction Resources - This site includes free downloads for teachers.
- Differentiated Instruction for Science - Differentiated Instruction from a NSTA blog
- Differentiated Instruction in the English Classroom - Excerpts from the book "Content, Process, Product, and Assessment", includes some worksheet samples.
- Exit Cards - These cards provide teachers with immediate information that can be used to assess students' understanding, monitor students' questions or gather feedback on teaching. For students, exit cards serve as a content review at the end of a daily lesson and enhance their meta-cognitive skills.
- Exit Slips - Exit slips are written student responses to questions teachers pose at the end of a class or lesson. These quick, informal assessments enable teachers to quickly assess students' understanding of the material.
- Finding Manageable Ways to Meet Individual Needs - Article on ASCD site about why it is better "not to teach to the middle" and strategies for primary and secondary education.
- How to Differentiate Instruction - A focus on planning for differences. (scroll past the Teachnology membership index)
- Layered Curriculum - This site provides an exciting and effective student-centered teaching method, covering many subject areas.
- Examples of Differentiation - Examples of How to Differentiate Instruction in the Classroom
- Teaching All Students to High Standards in Mixed-Ability Classrooms - In helping all students attain high standards of learning and college readiness, high school teachers must attend to a variety of student needs.
- Ten Tips for Differentiation - Great tips to reach students who don't "get it," or don?t seem motivated or interested. These resources help students who need scaffolding to build connections.
- Tiered Curriculum Project (from the Indiana Department of Education) - An index of example lessons for K-12 in different subject areas.
- Two Sides of the Same Coin - Educators in Eugene, Oregon, found a way to implement the basics of a concepts-based integrated curriculum
- The Ultimate List of Teaching Strategies Every Teacher Needs to Know - https://mradamwelcome.com/list-of-teaching-strategies/
- Using Flexible Technology to Meet the Needs of Diverse Learners - Resources to help teachers integrate technology into the curriculum to support diverse learners.
= a PowerPoint Show | = a document to print | = a Word document | = Adobe Acrobat document | = a video