July 2010 Features
Our Picks for July 2010 include a variety of topical areas of interest to teachers, parents and students. To suggest a topic for July 2010, be sure to email us at the address below.
Dont Forget About our Free Summer Learning Program
- All students experience learning losses when they do not engage in educational activities during the summer.
- On average, students lose approximately 2.6 months of grade level equivalency in mathematical computation skills during the summer months.
Additional Activities for:
Story Writing and Composition
- Interactive Sequencing Activities - Put the Story Elements in Order. Grade Levels: Kindergarten , 1st Grade , 2nd Grade , 3rd Grade
- Try these Compare and Contrast Activities. Specific Grade Levels: 3rd Grade , 4th Grade , 7th Grade , 8th Grade
- Fact or Opinion - Middle & High School Level: Worksheets and Activities
All About Time:
- Interactive Activities and Worksheets for Telling Time (PreK - 4th Grade) - Help your child learn this critical skill.
- Learn All About World Time Zones (4th Grade through High School) - includes world timezone maps, clocks from all over the world and more!
- Click here for Customizable Online Timer
Fun Activities from our Daily Dose of the Web Section:
- Brain Teasers - Quizzes, Puzzles, Games and printables to keep your mind working
- Interesting Trivia - Organized by Subject. Test your knowledge!
- Virtual Field Trips - Need something to do during a rainy day? Our Virtual Field Trip Collection is a wonderful way to teach and learn about the outside world. You can travel to museums, exotic islands, and even outer space. Please read the introduction first, as planning is critical to a successful trip. Remember it is the journey, not just the destination that provides the learning experience!
- ACT/SAT preparation help, Released High School Subject Area Assessment Tests to Lesson Plans and classroom resources for all subject areas, this section is a great starting point or bookmark for the upper grade levels as a quick reference for resources.
- Early Childhood and Pre-Kindergarten Resources - We've developed a robust section of PreK and Early Childhood resources for teachers and parents that include links to sites that teach mouse and keyboard skills, alphabet & pre-reading, sight words, math activities, art and crafts, teacher resources, lesson plans, and printables.
- Did you know that Internet4Classrooms has online technology tutorials? If you need some instruction in Microsoft Office, including Word 2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007, you've come to the right place. We also have developed extensive resources for Macintosh and Windows troubleshooting and keyboard shortcuts (Mac) (Windows). Browse this section to find resources, such as Creating Graphic Organizers in Excel, Making a Game Template in Powerpoint and much more!