Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Apply phonics generalizations in order to decode words. 0101.1.12
Links verified on 9/9/2011
- Decoding Words - Use your knowledge of letters, sounds, and words as you try out the games and activities below.
Phoneme - Understand that a phoneme is one distinct sound
Stretching - Use sound stretching of one syllable words to identify each phoneme.
- Blending - Use sound blending of each separately spoken phoneme to make meaningful words.
- Segment - Segment one-syllable words into individual sounds and blend the sounds into whole words.
- Rhyme - Recognize and produce rhyming words.
- Beginning and Ending - Recognize words that have the same beginning and ending sounds.
- Clap - Understand words are made up of one or more syllables (e.g., students clap syllables in words.)
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
293232018 US 1 desktop not tablet not iPad