Apply phonics generalizations in order to decode words. 0101.1.12
Links verified on 9/9/2011
- Decoding Words - Use your knowledge of letters, sounds, and words as you try out the games and activities below.
- Phoneme - Understand that a phoneme is one distinct sound
- Stretching - Use sound stretching of one syllable words to identify each phoneme.
- Blending - Use sound blending of each separately spoken phoneme to make meaningful words.
- Segment - Segment one-syllable words into individual sounds and blend the sounds into whole words.
- Rhyme - Recognize and produce rhyming words.
- Beginning and Ending - Recognize words that have the same beginning and ending sounds.
- Clap - Understand words are made up of one or more syllables (e.g., students clap syllables in words.)
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print