Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Recognize words that have the same beginning and ending sounds. 0001.1.11
Links verified 10/20/2010
- Alphabet Goop - stir the goop and then match what comes out to one of two letters or
- Beginning Letters - ten questions, select the letter begins the word of the object shown
- Beginning Phonics - Listen to the beginning sound that you select and find the pictures that start with that letter. or
- Blending words together - Blender says word and student must choose the beginning sounds and ending sounds separately to be blended together. This site is from BBC and makes it a bit difficult for some children to understand the words.
- Dosity - Dositey.com is an educational web site serving the students, teachers, and parents of the K-12 community. There are three levels of phonics interactive activities.
- Level One - shows a picture and the student is to pick the correct word
- Level Two - prompts the student to add the beginning sound to the word to go along with the picture
- Level Three - requires the student to type the word that goes with the picture with a word bar above with the spellings
- First Sounds - from Little Animals Activity Centre - Digby Mole's Word games (choose level 1, 2, or 3)
- End Sounds - from Little Animals Activity Centre - Digby Mole's Word games (choose level 1, 2, or 3)
- Literacy Center - A great site for pre-K to first grade. Activities with colors, numbers, letters, shapes and words. This site is translated in Spanish, Dutch, French and English; and also has a typing component in the keyboard section.
- Match beginning sound - type the beginning sound of each picture [use all caps]
- Paw Park: Sassy Seals - Match beginning sounds
- Phonic Fighter - Aliens are trying to steal the alphabet. You must know what sounds each object begins to reclaim that letter.
- Use the Wordmaker from Read-Write-Think - select an ending sound then make words with that ending sound.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
265144360 US 1 desktop not tablet not iPad