Understand that a phoneme is one distinct sound. 0001.1.11
Links verified 10/20/2010
- Letterella - Meet the letters of the alphabet. Listen as Letterella sings each letter and pronounces each phoneme in words beginning with the letter
- Phoneme Match: Sound Dominoes - Students listen to parts of word and use domino game style to match up the same phonemes.
- Phonics Inventory - Students need to be individually assessed so that they can be grouped according to instructional needs. That is the purpose of the tool. Check your students for their phoneme readiness for reading.
- Pounce on the Word that Matches the Sound - Students hear a word and click on the CVC word they sound out that matches the word that was said.
- Sound Check - Interactive test to evaluate a child's ability to recognize phonemes
- Write a Postcard - Help Salty Sam with his vowels. In the first sentence, click on the focus phonemes. When you have got them all right, the next sentence appears but this time there are gaps in the words. Drag the vowel phoneme with the correct spelling into the gap in the word.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print