Practice writing to a prompt within a specified time. 0701.3.2
Links verified on 3/15/2010
- Creative Writing Prompts - Use the creative writing prompts and creative writing ideas to create stories, poems and other creative pieces from your imagination. Put your cursor on any of the 346 numbered prompts to see one.
- Imagination Prompt Generator - Click to get a new prompt.
- Journal Writing Ideas - hundreds of ideas from teachers.net
- Multiple Meaning Words - long list of words to use as writing prompts, students write two sentences for each word using the word as a noun and then as a verb
- Nursery Rhyme Expansion - Nursery Rhymes can be wonderful springboards for all kinds of Language Arts activities. Here is an activity designed to give middle school students practice with the aspects of purpose, voice, and audience in their writing.
- Original WritingFix Prompt Generator - Click the button to be given a random prompt from their collection. [this link is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Proverbs: Wisdom Tales Without the Plot - Have students choose a familiar proverb and develop a story that can surround and carry that thought. Multicultural proverbs offer interesting insights into the universality of wisdom.
- Sample Prompts and Anchor Papers - designed for grade 8 - adaptable to grade level
- Timer to time your students - Click on count down button then set the clock.
- Workout Room Writing Prompts - Grades 1-8
- Writing Prompts - Many ideas to start your students' minds.
- Writing Prompts - from Teachers.net
- Writing Prompts - Narrative, Persuasive and Expository
- Writing Prompts: Journal Topics - 273 prompts in ten different categories from Can Teach
- Writing Prompts - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms