June 5: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- In 1661, Isaac Newton is admitted as a student to Trinity College in Cambridge.
- In 1917, young American men began registering for the draft to fight in World War I .
- In 1953, Denmark adopts a new constitution.
- In 1968, Senator Robert F. Kennedy was shot in the head at the California Democratic presidential primary in Los Angeles,. He died the following day.
- In 1991, Mikhail Gorbachev receives his 1990 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Famous Birthdays: Richard Scarry, author & illustrator;Freddie Stone, singer; Christy Brown, Dublin, novelist; Kenny G, saxophonist;Todd Burger, guard for Chicago Bears.
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.