June 4: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- In 1784, Elisabeth Thible of Lyon, France is the first woman to fly in a hot-air balloon.
- In 1812, the Louisiana Territory is officially renamed "Missouri Territory"
- In 1896, Henry Ford takes a drive in his 1st Ford through streets of Detroit.
- In 1939, the first grocery-store shopping cart is introduced by Sylvan Goldman,in Oklahoma City, OK.
- In 1919, the Women's Suffrage bill passes in the Senate.
- Famous Birthdays: Joyce Meyer, American religious leader; Freddy Fender, singer; Rosalind Russell, actress; Angelina Jolie, actress; Vladimir Voevodsky, Russian mathematician
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.