June 22: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- In 1847, the donut was created.
- In 1870, the first boardwalk in America was invented.
- In 1962, the Hovercraft was first tested in flight.
- In 1970, President Nixon signed the 26th amendment that lowered the voting age to 18.
- In 1991, an underwater volcano named Mount Didicas erupted in the Phillipines.
- Famous Birthdays: Carson Daly, tv host; Cindi Lauper, singer; Meryl Streep; actress; Kris Kristofferson, musician and actor; John Dillinger, bank robber; Freddie Prinze, actor.
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.