June 21: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- In 1893, the first ferris wheel was featured at Chicago's Columbian Exposition.
- In 1942, temperatures reached 129 degrees in Tirat Zevi, Israel.
- In 1950, Joe DiMaggio got his 2,000th hit.
- In 1989, the U.S. Supreme Court deemed burning the U.S. flag was protected by the First Amendment.
- In 1997, the WNBA made its first debut with the New York Liberty playing the L.A. Sparks
- Famous Birthdays: Prince William, prince; Meredith Baxter, actress; Juliette Lewis, actress/singer; Jane Russell, actress
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.