July 30: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- In 1619, in Virginia, the House of Burgesses, the first elective US governing body, was formed.
- In 1898, Will Kellogg invents Corn Flakes cereal.
- In 1928, George Eastman shows the first color motion pictures in the United States
- In 1976, Bruce Jenner wins a gold metal in the Men's Decathalon at the Olympics in Montreal, Canada.
- In 2002, WNBA player Lisa Leslie of the Los Angeles Sparks became the first woman to dunk in a professional game during her team's 82-73 loss to the Miami Sol.
- Vladimir Zworykin (Russian-born American inventor and the father of television), Arnold Schwarzenegger (actor and Governor of California), Buddy Guy (blues musician)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.