History: What Happened Today?
- In 1620, The Mayflower set sail from Southampton, England with 102 Pilgrims.
- In 1911, Procter & Gamble unveils Crisco vegetable shortening.
- In 1939, "The Wizard of Oz" premiered in Hollywood at Grauman's Chinese Theater.
- In 1961, construction begins on The Berlin Wall.
- In 1974, the longest team of 6 trampoline bouncing marathon takes place, lasting 1,248 hours = 52 days!
- Famous Birthdays: Ethel Barrymore (actress), Napoleon Bonaparte (French emperor), Sir Walter Scott (Scottish writer), Edna Ferber (American writer), Stephen Breyer (U.S. Supreme Court Justice), Joe Jonas (rock singer)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.