Describe how specialized jobs contribute to the production of goods and services. 1.2.1 e
Links verified 1/3/2015
- George Washington Carver - In this cross-curricular lesson, students will identify ways that the specialized work of an individual can imporve the use of the land by identifying ways that George Washington Carver contributed to imporvements in farming and invented new products that could be made from the crops.
- How the Internet Has Changed Buying and Selling - from Social Studies for Kids
- Lean on Me - We depend on each other! - The purpose of this activity is to demonstrate that the production of most goods can be broken down into a number of specific tasks (division of labor), with each of these tasks assigned to specific workers (specialization.)
- People and Community Helpers - listing of several jobs people do [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Ten Mile Day - In this multidisciplinary lesson, students will work in small groups while participating in a production activity to learn about competition, division of labor, and incentives.
- What does a Baker Do? - drag pictures to the correct order
- What does a Grocery Clerk Do? - drag pictures to the correct order
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print