Recognize that culture is learned behavior that includes customs, beliefs, rules, life ways, language, food, and clothing. 1.1.1 a
Links verified 1/3/2015
- African-Americans - several links from Social Studies for Kids
- Cultural and Diversity Unit - Unit designed to gain understanding of the word culture, and how there is a variety of cultures in world
- Cultural Lesson Ideas - Various classroom activities to teach 1st graders about culture
- Cultural Profiles Project - Each cultural profile provides an overview of life and customs in the profiled country.
- Culture Quest World Tour - Join Ophelia Owl & Parsifal Penguin on their worldwide tour and learn about the holidays & festivals of many of the world's cultures
- Daily Life in 1621 - What was life like for the Wampanoag and the Pilgrims?
- The Masai - the place of cattle in the Masai culture
- What? Tortillas Again? - effect of poverty in Guatemala
- Young People Tell Their Story - stories from several countries
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print