Sixth Grade CCSS Teacher Links, Resources and Activities
- Anchor Chart - Convince me - Scaffolding to help writers with persuasive essays.
- Anchor Chart - Persuasive Essay Organization
- Anchor Chart - Primary Source Analysis tool.
- Anchor Chart - Common Core Writing Transitional Words Anchor Charts
- Anchor Chart - Nonfiction Convention Scavenger Hunt
- Annolighting a Text - "Annolighting" a text combines effective highlighting with marginal annotations that help to explain the highlighted words and phrases.
- Close Reading - Videos and lesson plans
- Checklist - ELA checklist for 6th grade standards - Excel File Download
- Checklist - ELA I CAN checklist for 6th grade - PDF File
- Checklist - Math checklist for 6th Grade - download this excel file.
- Fun Free Math CCSS activities and resources - Each concept has its own page of resources for that specific topic.
- Free ELA CCSS activities and resources - Each concept has its own page of resources for that specific topic.
- 6th Grade Common Core State Standards Flip Book - This �Flip Book� is intended to help teachers understand what each standard means in terms of what students must know and be able to do. It provides only a sampleof instructional strategies and examples.
- Keyboarding Standards - PDF file that states what skills are suitable for fifth grade students.
- Latice Multiplication - A fun and easy way to multiply bigger numbers.
- Free Interactive Vocabulary Building games - Use these resources to build up vocabulary skills. All are interactive fun games to play.
- I CAN Statements - Common Core - ELA - PDF file
- I CAN Statements - Common Core - Math
- Into the Book - Excellent site to review the basic reading strategies; a game for each concept students can do by themselves. Fun, interactive learning tool.
- Non-fiction Scavenger Hunt Worksheet - Print out this Google docs worksheet to make an exciting scavenger hunt for your students.
- Printable Math Worksheets - CCSS math worksheets labled with specific standards so finding just the correct one will be easy for teachers.
- Math Tasks - Use these math tasks to practice complex word problems.
- Vocabulary Twister - A fun way to practice vocabulary.