CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.3.4 - Report on a topic or text, tell a story, or recount an experience with appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details, speaking clearly at an understandable pace.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.3.4 Report On A Topic Or Text, Tell A Story,... Speaking and Listening - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Elements of a good discussion - Helpful tips on guiding students in a discussion and excellent chart to show class for better understanding on this topic
- Relevant Details - Find the sentence that is relevant to the discussion.
- Relevant Details - Read the passage and select the content that is not relevant.
- Small Discussion Group Questions - A great list of questions to start small group discussions on text reading.
- Speaking and Listening Rubric - Nice poster to help remind students of speaking skills and listening skills.
- Story Map - Print out this sheet to map out a story.
- Types of Small Groups - Great ideas in this article suggesting various types of grouping for class discussions.
- Writing Workshop Lesson - Use this unit to help students report a topic or tell a story.