Links checked 5-2-2016
What is Flag Day?
Flag Day is the day Americans to celebrate and show appreciation for our flag and all involved in its creation. Our flag stands for our independence and our unity as a nation. Many people have died protecting it with our flag at the lead of every battle fought by Americans. Our flag also stands proudly on the surface of the moon.
When: Always June 14th
The Father of Flag Day is Bernard J. Cigrand. In June 1886 he wrote a proposal for the annual observance commemorating the birth of the American Flag.
- The Pledge of Allegiance - Words of the pledge.
- Early U.S Flags
- Flags of the World - A large flag database
- Flags of the World - Internet site devoted to vexillology (the study of flags)
- Flag of the United States - Historic and Current Flags of America
- Flags of the United States - A Guide to American Flags - Flags of the US, current state flags, and flags of territories.
- Flag of the United States - Facts About the United States Flag
- History of the Flag - Short facts about Flag history.
Arts and Crafts
- Art and Craft Projects for Flag Day - Flags and Collages
- Color the Flag - Select a flag to color and use the palette to color the flags.
- Flag Day Activities for Kids - Flag Day Coloring Pages, Crafts, Word Searches, Word Jumbles, Patriotic Poetry
- Patriotic Songs - lyrics and music
- English Lesson Plan on Flag Day - Reading passages and quizzes in cloze gap style and multiple choice style, also a vocabulary section, a scrambled sentence section and more.(middle/high school)
- Flag Day Lessons - Worksheets, quizzes, puzzles and more. (elementary)
- Flag Folding - The rules of Flag Folding
- The History of our Stars and Stripes - PDF file introducing the history of our flag.
- U.S. Flag Timeline - A history of Old Glory.