CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.A.1 - Interpret products of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 5 x 7 as the total number of objects in 5 groups of 7 objects each. For example, describe a context in which a total number of objects can be expressed as 5 x 7.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.A.1 Interpret Products Of Whole Numbers, E.g., Interpret... Operations and Algebraic Thinking - 3rd Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Arrays and Multiplication - Worksheet; Write a multiplication sentence for each array.
- Basketball - Select the basketball and drag the arrow in the direction you want the basketball to go. The longer the arrow the faster the ball will go. Get as many baskets as you can. When you complete a level add up your points or use multiplication to answer how many points you have
- Combo - Select a square, and nearby squares that have the same images will highlight. Answer the corresponding multiplication question. If you answer correctly the squares will dissapear. Get more points for choosing larger groups within the grid. Complete a level by clearing the screen.
- Create Arrays - Use this array maker to create rectangular arrays.
- Hundreds Board - A blank hundreds board activity sheet Create your own arrays and express the total as a sum.
- Making Arrays - Using arrays to practice understanding of multiplication
- Multiple Arrays - Worksheet; use different arrays to show the same product
- Multiplication and arrays worksheet - Worksheet; Write two multiplication sentences for each array
- Multiplication: An Adventure in Number Sense - Make your own arrays for class practice.Click on one number from the left column and one from the upper row. Then click on the equal sign in the upper right corner and see what happens.
- Solve Multiplication facts by using arrays - Video; Using Arrays to Solve Multiplication Facts
- Using Arrays - You can use?arrays?to see the relationship between?additionand?multiplication.
- Visual Multiplication - Create worksheets with arrays to help figure out how to use arrays in addition and multiplication