CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.9 - Compare and contrast the most important points and key details presented in two texts on the same topic.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.9 Compare And Contrast The Most Important Points And Key... Reading:Informational Text - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Character Comparison Handout - Worksheet; organizer for comparing and contrasting.
- Cinderella Folk Tales: Variations in Plot and Setting - Five hundred versions of the tale have been found in Europe alone; related stories are told in cultures all over the globe. In America as well, the classic tale, re-envisioned in print and other media, continues to be popular. What changes does the Cinderella story undergo when it's transported from one culture to another? What remains the same? Why do we love the character of Cinderella so much more than her own stepmother does?
- Compare and Contrast - Read the passages and practice comparing and contrasting text content.
- Compare and Contrast - Online quiz; read the passages and fill out the chart.
- Compare and Contrast - Online lesson; Butterflies
- Compare and Contrast Fairy Tales - Click on the word Fables in the bar at the top, then choose the story. There are two versions to compare and contrast.
- Compare and Contrast Information - Online lesson; When you read, you can compare and contrast information from two sources to see what is alike and different.
- Compare and Contrast Information - Read these two articles on the Iroquois. Then answer the questions, comparing and contrasting the information.
- Compare and Contrast Strategies - Online lesson; teaching strategies to help recognizing similarities and differences.
- Comparing and Contrasting Story Elements - Excellent chart to print for your class; Fill in the information to compare and contrasst.
- How to Compare and Contrast - Online interactive lesson with practice included.
- Interactive Venn Diagram - Use this online tool to compare and contrast information.
- Story elements help us to compare and contrast different stories. - Read these stories and compare the story elements.
- What Should Maria Do? - A reading and writing interactive activity comparing and contrasting choices for summer vacation.