Links verified 1/4/2013
- Anchor Activities - Information on Anchor Activities and how to use them in the classroom - 20 pg .pdf document
- Daily Assessment with Tiered Exit Cards - [4:35] video report on using this strategy in 6-12 math
- Differentiated Instruction - Disability Studies for Teachers - This Center on Human Policy website includes strategies for differentiated instruction that might be useful for teachers using lesson plans for the Disability Studies for Teachers project. Includes specific activities.
- Differentiated Instruction - An approach to planning so that one lesson is taught to the entire class while meeting the individual needs of each child. (also called Multi-level Instruction )
- Differentiated Instruction Resources - This site includes free downloads for teachers.
- Differentiated Instruction for Science - Differentiated Instruction from a NSTA blog
- Differentiated Instruction in the English Classroom - Excerpts from the book "Content, Process, Product, and Assessment", includes some worksheet samples.
- Exit Cards - These cards provide teachers with immediate information that can be used to assess students' understanding, monitor students' questions or gather feedback on teaching. For students, exit cards serve as a content review at the end of a daily lesson and enhance their meta-cognitive skills.
- Exit Slips - Exit slips are written student responses to questions teachers pose at the end of a class or lesson. These quick, informal assessments enable teachers to quickly assess students' understanding of the material.
- Finding Manageable Ways to Meet Individual Needs - Article on ASCD site about why it is better "not to teach to the middle" and strategies for primary and secondary education.
- How to Differentiate Instruction - A focus on planning for differences. (scroll past the Teachnology membership index)
- How to Work Effectively With a Heterogeneous Classroom - Follow the *flow* of instruction in a differentiated classroom.
- Humanising Language Teaching - How to Work Effectively With a Heterogeneous Classroom
- Layered Curriculum - This site provides an exciting and effective student-centered teaching method, covering many subject areas.
- Nine Different Strategies for Delivering Differentiation in History - "The matching of work to the differing capabilities of individuals or groups of pupils in order to extend their learning." from the Handbook for the Inspection of Schools.
- Strategies for Differentiating - This page has a variety of helpful links.
- Teaching in Mixed-Ability Classrooms - Article written by Mary Anne Hess.
- Ten Tips for Differentiation - Great tips to reach students who don't "get it," or donít seem motivated or interested. These resources help students who need scaffolding to build connections.
- Tiered Curriculum Project (from the Indiana Department of Education) - An index of example lessons for K-12 in different subject areas.
- Two Sides of the Same Coin - Educators in Eugene, Oregon, found a way to implement the basics of a concepts-based integrated curriculum
- Using Technology to Support Diverse Learners - Resources to help teachers integrate technology into the curriculum to support diverse learners.
= a PowerPoint Show | = a document to print | = a Word document | = Adobe Acrobat document | = a video