Identify the main idea and supporting details in text. 0301.6.4
Links verified on 10/20/2011
- Determining the Main Idea - a lab activity to identify the main idea in a paragraph by considering the supporting details
- Get The Idea - read text to determine the main idea or essential message and identify relevant supporting details and facts
- Identifying Topics and Main Ideas - lab activity checking understanding of general and specific elements as they relate to topic and main idea
- Implied Central Ideas - lab activity to identify the implied central idea of a longer passage
- Main Idea Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Main Idea Mini Lesson - followed by interactive quizzes
- Main Idea practice - eight interactive quizzes on Main Idea from the Manatee School District [click on the red dot]
- Main Idea - [designed for grade 4] read the paragraph and select the main idea
- Main Idea - Quia Quiz
- Main Idea Interactive Strategy Tutorial - Interactive tutorials on supporting details and main idea.
- Main Idea Practice - online stories and quiz for main idea practice - intermediate elementary
- Main Idea Quiz - Find main idea Quia quiz
- Practice Reading Test: 3rd Grade - Questions are designed to have students process the information in the passage, analyze it, and organize it for the answer.
- What's the Big Idea? - Pick the main idea from various subject areas and solve the puzzle!
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print