Links verified on 3/21/2012
- Concept Maps - [10 multiple-choice questions] lab activity to map the major and minor details that support the main idea
- Concept Maps - [10 multiple-choice questions] lab activity to use concept maps to recognize how the author uses major and minor details to support the main idea.
- Creating a Summary from Annotations - a lab activity to complete a summary after reading from annotations made during reading
- Determining the Main Idea - a lab activity to identify the main idea in a paragraph by considering the supporting details
- Identifying Topics and Main Ideas - lab activity checking understanding of general and specific elements as they relate to topic and main idea
- Implied Central Ideas - lab activity to identify the implied central idea of a longer passage
- Implied Main Ideas - lab activity to use supporting details to determine the implied main idea
- Implied Main Ideas in Analogies - lab activity to use details to determine the implied main idea in an analogy
- Main Idea Interactive Strategy Tutorial - Interactive tutorials on supporting details and main idea.
- Main Idea Practice - online stories and quiz for main idea practice - intermediate elementary
- Main Idea Quiz - Find main idea Quia quiz
- Main Points, Support Points, and Specific Details - lab activity to identify main points and develop support points and specific details
- Main Points, Support Points, and Specific Details - another lab activity to identify main points and develop support points and specific details
- News Stories - To access the resources, click on one of the pictures under the Title Bar, such as Family, School, Work, etc. These will open into instructional lessons. Online stories with quizzes, activities, and teacher resources. Learn vocabulary, sequencing and conclusions. High school and Adult learning.
- Online Practice Reading Tests- Grades 1-8 -Questions are designed to have students process the information in the passage, analyze it, and organize it for the answer. In this way, these practice questions test students’ analytical abilities, not just comprehension. Bubbling format very similar to Standardized testing format.
- Outlining Main Ideas - a lab activity to outline the main idea and supporting details of a paragraph accurately
- Outlining Major and Minor Details - a lab activity to outline the major and minor details supporting a main idea
- Recognizing Main Ideas - lab activity to practice recognizing the qualities of a main idea in concrete, tangible ways
- Supporting Details - a lab activity to identify the topic, main idea, and supporting major and minor details in a textbook passage
- Supporting Details - another lab activity to identify the details that support the main idea
- Supporting Details and Concept Maps - a lab activity to identify the major and minor details that support the main idea in a college textbook selection
- Topics, Main Ideas, and Supporting Details - determine the topic, main idea, and supporting details when they are listed as general and specific ideas
- What's the Big Idea? - Pick the main idea from various subject areas and solve the puzzle!
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print