4.NBT.6 - Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors, using strategies based on place value, the properties of operations, and/or the relationship between multiplication and division. Illustrate and explain the calculation by using equations, rectangular arrays, and/or area models.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: 4.NBT.6 Find Whole-number Quotients And Remainders With Up To Four-digit... Number and Operations in Base Ten - 4th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 08/20/2012)
- Dividing using multiples of 10 - Worksheet or IWB activity; divide by multiples of 10.
- Division arrays - Game activities directions for small groups.
- Division arrays - Using arrays to explain problems.
- Estimate Quotients - Worksheet; estimate each quotient.
- Multiple Towers to Help Dividing. - Video, explaining how to get division answers by using multiple towers.
- Multiplying and dividing using models. - Worksheet; examples and problems to work independently.You can get both multiplication fact and a division fact from the same picture.