CCSS.Math.Content.2.MD.A.3 - Estimate lengths using units of inches, feet, centimeters, and meters.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.2.MD.A.3 Estimate Lengths Using Units Of Inches, Feet,... Measurement and Data - 2nd Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 08/13/2016)
- Estimate and Measure - Estimate the length of these objects, then measure to see if correct.
- Estimate Inches - Worksheet; estimate objects, then explain how student arrived at answer.
- Estimate Inches and Feet - Online lesson on how to estimate.
- Estimate Song - Video; song; what an estimate is.
- Estimates - Lesson and exercises to practice.
- Estimation Game - Select Length, then guess the length of the segment given.
- Estimation Game; customary unit - Print out this worksheet and let pairs of students play.
- Estimation; metric units - Worksheet; teaching sheet on how to estimate.
- Estimation; metric units - Worksheet; estimate objects, then measure them.
- Inch by Inch - Worksheet; estimate objects around the room that can total up to a foot.
- Inches, Feet, and Yards - Estimate the length of these objects; can print out sheet or use for whole class activity.
- Measuring Length - Choose the best estimate for each object.
- Practice estimation; customary unit - Worksheet; find objects and estimate length.
- Problem Solving; estimation;customary unit - Worksheet; read the problems and draw and write how student arrived at answer.
- Size Estimation - Select the best estimate to the questions given.