November 11: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- 1620 - The Mayflower Compact is signed in what is now Provincetown Harbor near Cape Cod.
- 1889 - The State of Washington is admitted as the 42nd State of the United States.
- 1921 - The Tomb of the Unknowns is dedicated by US President Warren G. Harding at Arlington National Cemetery.
- 1926 - U.S. Route 66 is established.
- 1966 - NASA launches Gemini 12.
- Famous Birthdays: Paracelsus (physician), George Smith Patton, Jr. (American general), J. H. C. Whitehead (British mathematician), James G. Baker (American astronomer and optician), Henry Wade (American lawyer)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.