June 2: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- In 1835, P T Barnum & his circus begin its first tour of U.S.
- In 1883, the first night baseball game under lights was played in Ft Wayne Indiana.
- In 1910, the first roundtrip flight over English Channel took place.
- In 1924. the Snyder Act was passed: U.S. citizenship granted to all American Indians.
- In 1985, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar became the all-time leading point scorer in the National Basketball Association playoffs, having a total of 4,458 points.
- Famous Birthdays: Henry VIII King of England; John Weissmuller actor (Tarzan);Garo Yepremian NFL place kicker (Miami Dolphins);Yaroslav Kirillovich Golovyanov, cosmonaut
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.