History: What Happened Today?
- In 1820, the tomato was proven non-poisonous. This proved that moms do know best and you should eat your vegetables!
- 1917, the Raggedy Ann doll was invented.
- In 1982, Prince Charles & Lady Diana name their baby "William".
- In 1992, 2 earthquakes, including 3rd strongest in US (7.4) rock California.
- In 2007, the American bald eagle was removed from the endangered species list.
- In 2008, the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the Los Angeles Angels without getting a hit, only the fifth time that's been done in modern major league baseball history.
- Famous Birthdays: Mel Brooks (actor/comedian), Jean-Jacques Rousseau (philosopher), John Elway (football player), Kathy Bates (actor), and Peter Paul Rubens (artist)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.