June 24: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- In 1664, the colony of New Jersey was founded.
- In 1901, the first major exhibition from Pablo Picasso opened in Paris,France. He was 19.
- In 1916, Mary Pickford became the first woman actress to get a million dollar contract.
- In 1947, a pilot named Ken Arnold spotted what he thought were flying saucers flying over Mount Rainier.
- In 1982, the Supreme Court rules you can't sue the President for his actions in office.
- Famous Birthdays: Jack Cease, musician for the Black Crowes; Mick Fleetwood, musician for Fleetwood Mac; Astro, musician in UB40; Minka Kelly, model/actress; Bette Ford, model/actress; Mindy Kaling, comedian/actress on The Office.
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.