July 25: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- In 1814, George Stephenson introduced the first steam locomotive.
- In 1871, the carousel was patented by Wilhelm Schneider, Davenport, Iowa.
- In 1978, Louise Joy Brown, the First "Test Tube" baby is born in Oldham General Hospital, UK.
- In 1984, Svetlanan Savitskaya, a Soviet cosmonaut, became the first woman to walk in space.
- In 2009, California became the first state to ban trans fat from food.
- Famous Birthdays: Arthur Balfour (British Statesman),Maxfield Parrish (American painter), Verdine White (musician), Matt LeBlanc (actor)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.