February 7: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- 1795 - The 11th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- 1935 - The classic board game Monopoly is invented.
- 1940 - The second full length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premieres.
- 1984 - Space Shuttle program: STS-41-B Mission - Astronauts Bruce McCandless II andRobert L. Stewart make the first untethered space walk using the Manned Maneuvering Unit(MMU).
- 1992 - The Maastricht Treaty is signed, leading to the creation of the European Union.
- Famous Birthdays: Charles Dickens (English author), Laura Ingalls Wilder (American author), Sinclair Lewis (American author and playwright, Nobel Prize laureate), Ulf von Euler (Swedish physiologist, Nobel Prize laureate), Tawakkol Karman (Yemeni activist and Nobel Prize laureate)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.