December 6: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- 1768 - The first edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica is published.
- 1865 - The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, banning slavery.
- 1884 - The Washington Monument in Washington D.C. is completed.
- 1947 - The Everglades National Park in Florida is dedicated.
- 2006 - NASA reveals photographs taken by Mars Global Surveyorsuggesting the presence of liquid water on Mars.
- Famous Birthdays: Henry VI of England, Orazio Vecchi (Italian composer), Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac (French physicist and chemist), Frédéric Bazille (French painter), George Porter (English chemist, Nobel Prize laureate)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.