Community and Diversity
Links checked on 1/2/2016
- Coming Together - This exercise is about space and the visualization of three-dimensional space. It is also metaphorically about developing communities.
- Cultural Banners - Create a "cultural banner" expressing values, traditions, activities, and places important in their families.
- Exploring Stereotypes: First Thoughts - General statements about a group of people based on incomplete information.
- Exploring Students' Similarities and Differences - Explores a whole spectrum of differences among people, especially the ones subject to bias.
- Good Apples - Respect and accept individual differences.
- Reading to End Racism - Activities for elementary school.
- Think Differently - Encourages dialogue among children with differing opinions.