Winter 2009 Featured Picks
Our Picks for Winter 2009 include a variety of topical areas of interest to teachers, parents and students. To suggest a topic for Spring 2010, be sure to email us at the address below. We are dedicated to finding you the best of the web to fit your individual needs.
- Holiday Resources -No matter if you are celebrating Hanukkah, Christmas, or Kwanzaa, we have educational and fun activities and lessons for every all grade levels. These resources are perfect for use in a classroom or in the home.
- Math, Math, Math - In addition to our Grade Level Skillbuilders and Standards Practice for Math, we also have a wide variety of math resources, including General Math for Elementary & Secondary Levels, Special Math Topics including Numbers, Measurement, Geometry and Algebra, and ourTesting Resources for Math.
- Virtual Field Trips - Whether in the classroom, or snowbound over winter vacation, our Virtual Field Trip Collection is a wonderful way to teach and learn about the outside world. You can travel to museums, exotic islands, and even outer space. Please read the introduction first, as planning is critical to a successful trip. Remember it is the journey, not just the destination that provides the learning experience!
- Testing Resources, by Grade Level - Now is the time when we are all preparing our students for testing. Many teachers over the years have requested that we organize our Assessment Assistance section by Grade Level. Be sure to check out our Released Tests to Print, which is organized by Grade and our Skillbuilders and Standards Practice Areas, which are also organized by grade level for additional practice.
- Early Childhood and Pre-Kindergarten Resources - We've developed a robust section of PreK and Early Childhood resources for teachers and parents that include links to sites that teach mouse and keyboard skills, alphabet & pre-reading, sight words, math activities, art and crafts, teacher resources, lesson plans, and printables.
- Grades 7-12 Resource Starter Page - While many use our site for elementary resources, we also have a wealth of information for Secondary/High School teachers and students. From ACT/SAT preparation help, Released High School Subject Area Assessment Tests to Lesson Plans and classroom resources for all subject areas, this section is a great starting point or bookmark for the upper grade levels as a quick reference for resources.