Select an appropriate title that reflects the topic of a written selection. SPI 0601.3.10
Links verified on 6/6/2014
- Choosing the Right Name for Your Story - What's in a title?
- Developing Effective and Appropriate Titles - An effective title catches your readers attention, gives them an idea of the
papers content, and reveals the writers attitude toward the topic.
- How to Find a Catchy Title for Your Paper/Essay - eight steps, several tips and some warnings
- How do I write a great title for my academic essay? - This handout
will show you two approaches to creating paper titles, one that is more informative, and another that is more creative.
- How to Write a Creative Title for My Essays - A good title is one that sparks the reader's attention, tells the reader basically what the essay is about and sets the tone of the essay.
- Identify the Topic - review on how to decide what the topic is.
- Finding the Topic Sentence and Supporting Details - a quiz posted at Quia
- Title of a Book - lesson online with exercises for practice
- Titles and Subtitles Quiz - The following are examples of titles that require editing.
- Topic Sentence Activities and Quizzes - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- What's the Big Idea? Exercise 1 - Write the common subject for each group of words, or "write a good title for each list." - a worksheet to print, not interactive
- What's the Big Idea? Exercise 2 - Write the common subject for each group of words, or "write a good title for each list." - a worksheet to print, not interactive
- What's the Big Idea? Exercise 3 - a bit harder than 1 & 2 - Write the common subject for each group of words, or "write a good title for each list." Then add another example that could be included in that group. Be as specific as you can. - a worksheet to print, not interactive
- Writing An Effective Title - Titles help writers prepare readers to understand and believe the paper that is to follow.
- Writing a Great Title - This handout explains why a good essay title is important and suggests some strategies for creating one.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print