Select an appropriate title that reflects the topic of a written selection. SPI 0501.3.12
Links verified on 9/7/2014
- The Best Title - What's the Big Idea; use this list of words to come up with an appropriate title.
- Choosing the Right Name for Your Story - rules to remember and several examples to jog your imagination
- Identify the Topic - review on how to decide what the topic is.
- Finding the Topic Sentence and Supporting Details - a quiz posted at Quia
- How to Find a Catchy Title for Your Paper/Essay - eight steps, several tips and some warnings
- Paragraph Unit - lesson plan: titles and topic sentences [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Select the Best Title for a Written Selection - lesson plan with paragraphs to read and titles to select
- Three Writing Basics: Sentence, Paragraph, and Title - brief suggestions about each of the three topics [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Title of a Book - [designed for grade 3] lesson online with exercises for practice
- Topic Sentence Activities and Quizzes - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print