Utilize classroom resources to support the writing process (e.g., word walls, picture dictionaries). 0201.3.4
Links verified on 12/29/2014
- 4 Blocks Literacy Framework - Provides templates, lesson ideas and plans which would assist in the implementation of 4 Blocks. Be sure to check out the Word Wall Grade Level Lists. [these expired pages are from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Word Wall Activities - A word wall is a systematically organized collection of words displayed in large letters on a wall or other large display place in the classroom. It is a tool to use, not just display. Word walls are designed to promote group learning and be shared by a classroom of children. Check here for ideas on how to use your word wall interactively.
- Word Family Sort - short vowel word families - click on a vowel to begin a word sort with words in that family
- Word Family Exercises - Reading Practice with family words - You can print a list for each family.
- Word Wall Activities - Activities for class and home.