Choose a topic sentence for a paragraph. SPI 0401.3.3
Links verified on 10/26/2011
- Finding the Topic Sentence and Supporting Details - a quiz posted at Quia
- Identify Topic Sentences - three paragraphs are shown, read and select topic sentences for each - don't click the answers button until you have made your decision
- Identifying the Topic Sentence - five paragraphs to read, each followed by three possible topic sentences
- Identify the Topic Sentence and Information that Does not Belong - print the page and follow directions [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Identifying Topics and Main Ideas - [five paragraphs to evaluate] lab activity checking understanding of general and specific elements as they relate to topic and main idea
- Locate Topic Sentence - [five multiple choice questions] a lab activity to locate topic sentences and thesis statements in a textbook passage - a link is provided to display a passage to read
- Locating Topic Sentences - [six paragraphs to evaluate] another lab activity to locate topic sentences in textbook excerpts - five paragraphs to read and evaluate
- The Topic Sentence: lab activity - Select the description that best fits the topic sentence given.
- Topic Sentence Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Topic Sentence Quiz - quiz on topic sentence knowledge
- Topic Sentences - Online lesson, then quiz.
- Topic Sentences: Exercise 1.1 - Identify the topic sentences in the exercise
- Topic Sentences: Exercise 1.2 - Read the paragraphs carefully, then select the most appropriate topic sentence for each of the paragraphs from the choices provided.
- Topic Sentences: Exercise 1.3 - The topic sentence of each of the paragraphs in this exercise has been omitted. After a careful reading, write your own topic sentence for each
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print