Select the best summary of a speech. SPI 0401.2.3
Links verified on 10/24/2011
- Ain't I a Woman? - by Sojourner Truth at the 1851 Women's Convention, Akron, Ohio - this is the text of her speech
- History and Politics out loud - Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivers his most famous address, "I have a dream"
- Sum it Up! - a worksheet to print for your students to use in summarizing - A suggestion from the worksheet tells students "Imagine you only have $2.00, and each word you use will cost you 10 cents."
- Sum it Up! - Instructions - instructions for students before they use the summarizing worksheet
- Understanding What You Read - In this lesson you will: review the basics of summarizing, identify main idea statements and detail statements and, use categories to summarize lists
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print